LCQ Lakeside DTC Timed Laps, Sunday 7th November 2021
Starts 8:00am at the Lakeside Raceway Driver Training Centre Lakeside Road, Kurwongbah Qld, at the rear of the main track. Please arrive early as scrutineering and driver registration can take time.
IMPORTANT: Entries will be restricted to 20 people, so please send your entry in ASAP so you do not miss out. Event information is subject to change and will align with Government COVID guidelines as required
Entry Fee is $100.00 per driver for LCQ members. Payment is made through the online Racers portal.
Note: Payment must be made at least 2 days before the event. No Credit Card payments or payments to Qld Raceways are acceptable. You need a RACERS account to enter which should be tied to the email address you used when first applying for a RACERS license.
You must enter and pay before the event as NO entries will be accepted on the day.
Please ensure you bring your following ORIGINAL completed and signed forms;
1. RACERS Annual Clubman Licence App – if applicable.
2. RACERS Day Licence confirmation email – if applicable
3. Civil Drivers Licence.
4. Car Club membership card – if applicable
Important: When you enter please ensure you choose the LCQ DTC Entrant option.
Entry Process explained
Entries close 12.00 noon on Thursday 4th November 2021
Send your entry in early so you don’t miss out.
Anyone willing to assist in setting up the timing gear, timing tent and other tasks are requested to arrive around 7.30am and advise Daryl Wilson.
Driver, Pit Crew and Assistants Sign In
- Drivers sign in will start at 7.30am in the Driver Training Centre pavilion.
- The aim is to start running cars by 9.00am, so please be ready to assist the sign-on process to run smoothly and quickly!
- For insurance purposes all members of your party must sign the Driver and Pit Crew sign-on sheets.
Parking and Spectators
NO PARKING is allowed between the finish line and in front of the DTC Pavilion. It is also requested that NO spectators sit or stand on the track side of the DTC pavilion. This is for your own safety in case a driver loses control after the finish and there is an accident.
- An adhesive car number will be provided at sign on for each driver.
- The number is to be affixed to the PASSENGER side of the vehicle.
- If there is more than one driver to a car, please fix both numbers to the PASSENGER side of the vehicle.
Vehicle Noise Limit
All vehicles participating in track days at Lakeside Raceway must conform to the noise limit, on both a static test and trackside test, of 92 dB(A). The noise test shall be measured from a position 0.5m behind the exhaust at a 45 degree angle, with the engine running at ¾ maximum revs.
- Drivers will need full covering neck to wrist and waist to ankle cotton top and pants. Jeans are acceptable.
- Fully enclosed footwear must be worn, NO bare feet, thongs, scuffs etc.
- A helmet is required by all drivers.
- Full face helmet must be worn in open cars ie: clubman or open sports or race car.
- Visor must do down when running on the circuit.
Scrutineering, Car Condition and Safety
- Scrutineering will start at 7.30am, please be on time so we are not delayed starting the event.
- A safety check will be conducted on all the cars, please ensure your car is roadworthy.
- Main issues will be: roadworthiness, loose items and battery location/security on cars etc. Seat belts must be in good order. Standard fitted lap-sash belts are acceptable.
- NO loose items in the car while running. Empty out your cabin and boot.
- If there is a fire extinguisher in the car it should be secured in its own cradle.
Event Format, Staging and Timing Lights
There will be only one car on the circuit at any time. It’s very important that we run in numerical order so that times are recorded against the correct Car/Driver. Please be ready and follow the instructions of the Staging Marshall.
- The Staging Lights are approximately 1 metre behind the START photocell.
- To stage, drive slowly forward until you get a RED light.
- The next car is NOT to start until given the GREEN light by the Start Marshall.
- Your Run Time will not START until you break the START Timing Sensor beam.
- The FINISH Sensor beam is over near the main track underpass.
- Drivers who are not at the start in the correct order may miss that run!
- At the finish, slow down quickly and drive slowly back to pits/parking/assembly area.
- If the Timing equipment malfunctions you will get a re-run after the last car in the group.
- If you have a problem please finish your lap or pull off the track and signal the Starter for assistance.
Dorian transmitters are not needed for this event.
DTC Live Results
Run Times are output to an LCQ web page for you to view on your smartphone or tablet device. Go to the LCQ website and click on the DTC 2021 menu item, then select the date for the current event.
Tents and Shade Covers
No tents or shade covers are to be erected on the inside of the track as they obstruct the timers and spectators view.
Chairs, Tables and Cover
Please bring your own chairs, table and cover in case of rain. These facilities are not available at the circuit.
Coffee and Tea
Coffee and tea will be available throughout the day at no additional cost. BYO lunch, snacks, water and drinks that you may require.
Animals will not be permitted into the venue during the event.
Note: Lotus Club Qld is not able to accept RACERS Day Licence applications and/or RACERS Annual Clubman licence renewal payments. Entry closing, credits/refunds, and vehicle retrieval/transfer details on the QR “Conditions of Entry” forms are NOT APPLICABLE to this event.
Any other queries please contact Gideon Street.
Mob: 0408 275 705