COMPLETE HOME METAL MACHINING WORKSHOP
Health concerns force Mal Kelson to put up his metal machining workshop for sale.
Herless- 305swing (430 in gap) x 900 between centres, spindle bore 38 with 5MT, 9 spindle speeds 50 to 1500, fitted with Easson digital readout system.
Standard accessories include:
- 150 diam. 3 jaw self centreing chuck
- 200 diam. 4 jaw independent chuck
- 250 diam. Face plate, fixed steady, travelling steady, 5MT centre bush & steadies.
Special additional accessories include:
- High precision 150 3 jaw chuck
- 36 position quick change toolpost with 4 toolholders,
- Revolving centre
- 16mm drill chuck
- Precision 6 jaw external step chuck
- Precision 6 jaw internal step chuck
- Capstan for tailstock
Turning tools include a significant range of high speed steel and tungsten carbide external tools plus boring bars, parting tools, knurling tool, expanding arbors, etc.
Shaublin, Swiss made, extremely versatile, with vertical and horizontal spindles, 1951 vintage, fitted with 3 axis Easson digital readout. Has a highly versatile all angle table 600 x 210. Table movements, 260 long x 150 cross x 310 vert. Equipment includes, rotary table with 3 jaw chuck, collet chuck with multisize collets 3 to 20 mm in 1mm steps, range of arbors, drill chucks, clamp set, fly cutter, vice.
First LC-15A. Heavy duty with 3MT spindle to accept drills up to 32mm. table size is 700 x 210 and longitudinal movement of 345, cross 170 and vertical 340, motor is 240 volt 1 hp. Accessories include collet chuck with collets 6 to 25, plus ¼ to 1 inch, longitudinal power feed, vice.
Narex Boring and facing head, magnetic table, parallels, magnetic stand and dial gauge, centricator, angle plate, coordinate table.
Includes micrometers, digital calipers, vernier calipers, slip gauge set, protractor set.
Thousands of dollars worth of cutting tools including morse taper drills 12 to 32, hugh range of milling cutters including slot drills, endmills, dovetail cutters, woodruff cutters, side and face mills, slitting saws, hugh range of drills, plus ½ shank drill set 13 to 25.
Large range of aluminium, steel, tool steel, brass, bronze, plastics, polyurethane.
Compressor-Pantagraph Cut Off Bandsaw
Converts to a bandsaw (old and needs improvements but very useful).
Benches and Storage
Including range of storage drawers.
$9,700 to be sold as a complete package only.
Mal Kelson: 0434 146 409
Posted: 3 March 2020
1988 Caterham Super 7
100% original kit-built Super 7.
Three owners from new. 1700cc Ford Crossflow with twin Weber 40s. ‘Prisoner’ colour scheme with matching original factory ‘Prisoner’ 15″ wheels.
A survivor car with only sensitive mechanical works completed to retain as much of the original 1988 components as possible. Parts have been repaired, rather than replaced, wherever possible. Works in the last 18 months include:
- Re-built engine (piston rings, cam, crank and main bearings, head flowed)
- New fuel lines
- New oil lines
- Refurbished original Spax shocks (by WW Shock Absorbers)
- New radiator mounts
- New exhaust mounts
- Gearbox speedo sender seal replaced
- New (old stock) clutch cable
- New rubber bushes for front and rear sub-frames and steering column
It’s travelled only 22,600km (14,000 miles) in 31 years. It is garaged, covered and has a valid roadworthy certificate.
Make me an offer as I know it will be going to a good, loving home!
Matt: 0499 006 943
Posted: 27 February 2020
1999 Westfield Clubman Sportscar
- Reconditioned and balanced Toyota 1.6 lt 4AGE 20V Silvertop Engine
- T50 Toyota Gearbox
- All new racing Brakes – new rotors with Hawk HT10 front pads and racing shoes on rear.
- MCA (custom made) shock absorbers with Eibach and King springs
- Brand New Tyres TOYO R888R on rear rims 13×7 inch and near new on front rims 13×6 inch.
- A heap of spare parts include motors, gearbox, rear axle, many wheel rims etc etc.
Recently spent around $17,000 on upgrades. The car comes with detachable side windows, soft top, tonneau covers and Roadworthy Certificate. This great looking sportscar has been owned by me for 15 years and is now ready for a new owner to enjoy the pleasures of driving a Westfield Clubman Sportscar through the hills, countryside, Lakeside or Morgan Park and yes it’s quick for two.
Frank: 0408 198 883
Posted: 10 September 2019
2002 Lotus Elise S2
I recently purchased an Exige and there is no space left in the garage so the Elise has to go!
- 1.8L, Metallic Dark Blue, 43,250 miles
- Larini Club Sport exhaust
- Quick release momo steering wheel
- Sports Tourer Pack – air conditioner (that runs well), stereo with iPod connectivity, alcantara dash, leather door panels, full carpeting, seat upgrade to 111 Type
- SSC rear toe link kit
- Elise parts gear linkage kit
- Elise parts short shift kit
- K&N Apollo air intake kit
- 3 channel rear diffuser
- Carbon fibre instrument pod and centre console
- All aluminium triple pass radiator
- Recent cambelt, water pump and tensioner pulley replacement
- New front tyres
4 x spare rims available and original diffuser if required.
0432 039 624
Posted: 27 May 2019
1970 Lotus Elan Series 4 FHC
This car was purchased new in Melbourne and consequently lived in Tasmania with just two owners from new. The car has covered only 43,000 miles from new and is in outstanding original condition. The last owner drove the car very infrequently, only covering 3500 miles in the last 30 odd years and it has never had an accident.
This Lotus was in remarkably original condition when I purchased it approximately a year ago. I took the car on as a project to restore in my retirement because of its originality. It has subsequently had a full refurbishment of body and mechanical. The car is totally original and has had no modifications done to it whatsoever despite a large maintenance file kept over the years. It also comes with original workshop manual, books and even the 8 track stereo and cassettes.
The engine was removed and head reconditioned and resealed. Gearbox and differential were removed and resealed, new clutch, brakes, windscreen rubbers and 2pak paint in its original colour, photo available. The interior is totally original and untouched. It also has powdercoated wheels and new tyres.
This car would suit a collector who wanted a totally original car with nothing to spend, just enjoy as it is an appreciating asset.
Posted: 14 May 2019
Australian delivered 1988 Esprit Turbo
One of 25 Australian cars that has not been on the salted UK roads, which means a lot less corrosion, rust and lower repair costs. Had the same owner since 2008 who has meticulously maintained and mechanically restored the car and comes with $50k+ of receipts. Engine, gearbox and differential rebuilt by Zagame Melbourne about 15000km ago. This Esprit is possibly the best 1988 car in Australia.
Phone 0429 424 609
Posted: 20 Mar 2019
4 x 13″ Minilite style wheels
Excellent condition. 4.5″ PCD by my rough calculation. Ford pattern? Bought for my Caterham 7 to do an Escort diff and hub and rear disc conversion but not needed as the car has now been sold. Tyres on them are throwaways.
Contact Ken Philp
Phone AH: (07) 3378 0639
Posted: 27 Nov 2018